Monday, August 24, 2009

Looks Like Another Week of Chaos...

Well folks, here it is...again...Monday morning. Lately, I have grown to dislike Mondays. A lot!! And I'm usually pretty good about getting up early & going about my daily business. Not today. I just rolled out of bed around 9:40 and want nothing more than to crawl back under the covers and hide my head. Already I have taken five phone calls, one being from my lawyer. Not really the news I was hoping for, but I'll deal with whatever comes down the road. It seems like my attitude has shifted drastically from last week & while I was so sure that I could deal with my emotions, along comes heartbreak. Today I have calling hours; tomorrow a funeral. Not how anyone wants to start their week, but this is afterall, what we call life. And life happens not always as we plan, but nonetheless, it does happen.

I have so much on my mind lately that sometimes it is hard to stay focused on what really needs to get done. This week I need to register for fall classes, meet my Friday deadline, school shop, prep my taxes, birthday shop, go to appointments; I mean really, it just goes on and on. Definitely not enough hours in this week for me and yet here I sit in front of my computer, perplexed and not really caring at the moment. I almost feel like I am just going through the motions, and not really dealing with the emotions. Maybe that's a good thing; at least for today.

Maybe I will do double time at the gym tonight. After "fasting" for three days, I am actually feeling kind of hungry. Low on energy right now, but I am thinking that maybe some good will come out of this. To date, since the very beginning of July I have lost a total of 42 pounds & I am kicking ass and loving it! I get ridiculed by family & friends for my "crash diet" as they call it, but I really don't care as I am the one who is losing the weight. I feel better on so many levels. And when all is said and done, not only will I have a healthy body, but a healthy mind and that is most important to me...

No comments: